How do I prepare for court?
Before you come to court, here are the things you should bring:
- Proper identification (driver’s license, government-issued ID, passport)
- Your copy of the citation
- Any receipts or documents regarding your case.
- Any documents which prove compliance with the judge’s orders and/or sentencing
- Method of payment (money, credit card, checkbook)
- Do not use nicknames or an alias. Use the same spelling as listed on documents related to the case and ensure spelling on the documents is correct. If they are not, please advise the court
- Provide the court with proof of your current address
- Provide the court with proof of your current employment
- Appropriate dress is required. No obscene slogans on clothing, hats, or cell phones. Shirt and shoes are required.
If you do not pay your fine according to your payment schedule, a summons to appear will be issued.
If you do not appear in court or fail to comply with a court order a warrant will be issued for your arrest. This will lead to possible jail time and/or additional fines.